Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vomit

There are many reasons why people vomit, but there are always the few that just leave you shaking your head.

1. Pregnant patient states,
"every morning when I get up, I get sick and vomit all over the place, it goes away after an hour or so then it comes back the next day."

2. Patients says, "dude, can't you give me something for this vomiting and headache? I had one hell of a party last night and have plans tonight, I can't go out with a hangover."

3. A known drug seeker reports that his vomiting is killing him and he needs some pain medicine now for his life threatening pain. This has not been the first time this patient has requested pain meds for this complaint, so doctor tells me to tell that patient that he is not getting anything till we see some vomit. Patient says hold on and proceeds to shove his fingers down is throat.

4. 16 year old male came in violently vomiting. Come to find out he did not want to go to school so he ingested some good old fashion ipecac.

No comments:

Post a Comment