Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cold, Cold, Cold...

We normally do not get below 20*F, nor do we get snow!!! This year we have had snow twice and they are calling for -5*F, no that is not a typo -5*F!!! With the decrease in temperatures we are having an increase in homeless coming in looking to get warm. I normally talk with them prior to them checking in to see if they are cold or seeking treatment. Yes, I am a sap. I do not have the heart to kick them out of the waiting room. I just do not feel like having a bunch of bumsicles coming in with hypothermia and frost bite because I kicked them out of the waiting room.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are a sap! I think you are exactly what is sorely missing in medicine--more compassionate caretakers! You might be the only person that talked nicely to that homeless person or shown him respect. Well done and nicely written!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete