Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bored and ranting

Okay, so it is raining and chilly out, which means that it would be dumb of me to go putter in the garden, play with the goats, chase the chickens, or do what ever chore that needs to be done. Due to the weather, my joints are stiff, swollen, and sore. Wow that makes me sound old. I am 33 years old and had bilateral knee replacements less than a year ago due to complications of EDS. So, no I am not that old. In fact, after my surgeries I would say that my quality of life has improved greatly. However, I do have my rough day, like today with the weather. I am one of those stubborn people who refuse to take medication for pain relief. This is for two reasons, 1. I am afraid of becoming addicted to narcotics. I have seen this too many times with clients coming and out of the ER searching for pain medications when they no longer needed them. I do not want to become one of those clients. Reason #2, I know that over the years I will need more surgeries. When that time comes, I do not want to have any tolerance built up with medications. I would like to be able to have the pain medication work without having to increase the doses over and over again to get just a little relief. So, back to being bored. Not sure what i am going to do. Maybe bake some bread, laundry, or something. What ever i do, I need to stop spending my day off from the ER looking at other ER blogs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment