Thursday, December 30, 2010

Life is not always perfect

As 2010 ends, I can't help reflect. One moment it was January 2009, and then I blinked.
Life and death is part of every day life, which is emphasized in this profession. I couldn't count how many people I have seen take their last breath, how many febrile seizing children have been handed to me, nor the countless heartbroken families that have been told that their loved one is critical. however, with the death and sorrow that comes into the emergency room, life, relief, and joy walk out those doors. I can count the number of births, 2 girls and 1 boy. I have seen the relief on families faces when the have realized their family is going be okay. At the end of this year, I am thankful that I work were I do. I am bless to work with great doctors, nurses, paramedics, techs, and secretaries, who are always their for each other and our patients.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you again. Hope you have a happy, healthy 2011.

    ReplyDelete